Sat, Nov 18|
Professional Forager's Workshop
Can you make a living from foraging? Yes you can! Create a business doing something you love!
Time & Location
Nov 18, 9:00 AM – Nov 19, 4:00 PM
Monroe, 3636 State Hwy 11, Monroe, GA 30656, USA
About the event
This will be a certificate course, in person. We will go over ethical and sustainable foraging of wild "invasives" and common Weedy plants, no mushrooms because that falls under the Safety Certification Course.
I have over 30 plants on the list for the southeast!!
This includes how to turn these raw plants into value added products to sell or you can sell the raw products at markets, in csa baskets or to chefs.
Over the course of 2 days - 9:00am until 4:00pm each day, we will discuss and practice the following:
- what and where to forage
- proper identification
- harvesting techniques
- preparation or sale of raw product
- value-added products - salves, lip balms, dried herbal blends, seasonings, jams etc...
- field study
- hands on preparations and tastings
- business legalities, permits, licensing
After the course, you will receive an online exam link to take for documentation and receive your certificate. This is NOT A LICENSE just a certificate of completion of the Forager's Course.
What to bring each day:
- notebook and plant/flower identification guide
- knife and small clipper/hand pruners
- small paper bags
- insect repellent if needed
- wear long pants and hiking shoes, bring change of clothes if desired for when we are not out in the field.
- your lunch and drinks, some snacks will be provided.
Professional Forager Ticket$225.00+$5.63 service fee